Events & Schedule
4-H Online Entries
Fair Board News
General Fair Info
Johnson County Fair “Blue Jeans and Country Dreams”-- Decorations Contest Rules
All blue jean silhouette entries will be displayed throughout the fairgrounds for all to enjoy.
Silhouette entry and judging criteria information:
- Silhouettes will be judged based on creativity, originality and overall eye appeal. (paint, fabric and other materials can be used)
- Silhouettes will remain on the fairgrounds and will be used for decoration during the fair. Holes may be drilled to display.
- Contact theme committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to order silhouette by June 1st.
- $10 fee for youth and non-profit youth groups
- $50 fee for businesses
- Wood silhouettes will be provided and available for pick up on Sunday, June 12th from 1 to 3pm and Wednesday, June 14th from 6 to 8 pm at the fair office.
- Decorated silhouettes may be turned in to the fair office anytime from July 25, 2016 to July 30, 2016 from 9:00am until 1:00pm.
- All entries must be able to withstand weather elements as they will be displayed outside.
- An entry tag (available at the fair office at check in) must be filled out and attached to the silhouette.
- Entries must be picked up on Sunday Aug. 6th by 1:00pm. Items left will become the property of the Johnson County Fair.
- Decorated silhouettes will be divided into the following categories:
A. Youth Groups
B. Adult over age 18
C. Individual youth age 7-12
D. Individual youth age 13- 17
*Ribbons will be awarded in each category, prize money for Overall Grand Champion & Reserve Grand Champion